Mission, Vision and Beliefs
R.C. Edwards Middle School, with the student, family, and community, will promote high standards of academic achievement, personal achievement, and career preparation, in a safe environment.
We envision a school where all students will be prepared to be productive citizens in an ever-changing technology-driven world.
We believe that:
- Students are our first priority.
- It is necessary to educate our students to be life-long learners and productive citizens.
- All students are unique, learning in different ways and are entitled to educational opportunites based on their needs.
- Cultural and individual diversity provide students opportunities to be aware of differences.
- Education is a shared responsibility with parents/guardians, students, school personnel, community, and the district all working together to have high expectations for learning.
- Education deals with the whole person by developing strenghts, talents, character, and individual differences.
- A safe, caring, comfortable environment is necessary to promote learning.